"Fill the Boot" helps kids with muscular dystrophy
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- This year the "Fill the Boot" drive will be held on 2 different days May 3rd and May 5th. Firefighters will be at eight different intersections throughout Fresno County from 7:00 am - 9:00 am.
Firefighters will be asking passing motorists to donate dollars and "Fill the Boot". As they travel through the intersections firefighters will be holding out their rubber firefighting boots to accept donations.
The money that is raised stays in the Valley to find treatments through research grants, funding clinics, assisting with the purchase of wheelchairs, leg braces, & communication devices, & to send children with muscular dystrophy to the MDA summer camp. The local MDA camp is located at Camp Tuolumne Trails, which is just outside of Groveland. It's specially designed for children with limited mobility.
Monetary donation can also be made by visiting http://www.fresnocountyfire.org/ and click on the "Fill the Boot" logo on the right hand side.
Below are the intersections CAL FIRE/ Fresno County Firefighters will be located at May 3rd & May 5th from 7:00 am - 9:00 am.
Hwy 198/Lassen, Huron
fresno, fresno county, fresno fire department, local, christine park
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for jet with 239 aboard 15 min ago
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos