"Fill the Boot" helps kids with muscular dystrophy
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- This year the "Fill the Boot" drive will be held on 2 different days May 3rd and May 5th. Firefighters will be at eight different intersections throughout Fresno County from 7:00 am - 9:00 am.
Firefighters will be asking passing motorists to donate dollars and "Fill the Boot". As they travel through the intersections firefighters will be holding out their rubber firefighting boots to accept donations.
The money that is raised stays in the Valley to find treatments through research grants, funding clinics, assisting with the purchase of wheelchairs, leg braces, & communication devices, & to send children with muscular dystrophy to the MDA summer camp. The local MDA camp is located at Camp Tuolumne Trails, which is just outside of Groveland. It's specially designed for children with limited mobility.
Monetary donation can also be made by visiting http://www.fresnocountyfire.org/ and click on the "Fill the Boot" logo on the right hand side.
Below are the intersections CAL FIRE/ Fresno County Firefighters will be located at May 3rd & May 5th from 7:00 am - 9:00 am.
Hwy 198/Lassen, Huron
fresno, fresno county, fresno fire department, local, christine park
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway 56 min ago
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...