Mariposa County to build four new fire stations
MARIPOSA COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fire officials in the North Valley celebrated the start of construction on a new fire station on Tuesday.
Mariposa County Fire officials cheered as they broke ground on the new station near Lake Don Pedro.
Currently, volunteers use this storage shed as the office space. A federal grant is paying for this project, along with the building of two others in the area. A fourth project is being funded locally.
Officials say this new station, and the others are needed in Mariposa.
Mariposa Co. Fire Dept. Chief Jim Wilson: "Being able to provide this for the community for our volunteers is going to solidify the level of service they've been providing for several years now."
Officials expect this project to be complete by next summer. Construction for the next fire station should begin in the next few months.
don pedro, mariposa county, local
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting 42 min ago
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos