Mariposa County to build four new fire stations
MARIPOSA COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fire officials in the North Valley celebrated the start of construction on a new fire station on Tuesday.
Mariposa County Fire officials cheered as they broke ground on the new station near Lake Don Pedro.
Currently, volunteers use this storage shed as the office space. A federal grant is paying for this project, along with the building of two others in the area. A fourth project is being funded locally.
Officials say this new station, and the others are needed in Mariposa.
Mariposa Co. Fire Dept. Chief Jim Wilson: "Being able to provide this for the community for our volunteers is going to solidify the level of service they've been providing for several years now."
Officials expect this project to be complete by next summer. Construction for the next fire station should begin in the next few months.
don pedro, mariposa county, local
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation