Mariposa County to build four new fire stations
MARIPOSA COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fire officials in the North Valley celebrated the start of construction on a new fire station on Tuesday.
Mariposa County Fire officials cheered as they broke ground on the new station near Lake Don Pedro.
Currently, volunteers use this storage shed as the office space. A federal grant is paying for this project, along with the building of two others in the area. A fourth project is being funded locally.
Officials say this new station, and the others are needed in Mariposa.
Mariposa Co. Fire Dept. Chief Jim Wilson: "Being able to provide this for the community for our volunteers is going to solidify the level of service they've been providing for several years now."
Officials expect this project to be complete by next summer. Construction for the next fire station should begin in the next few months.
don pedro, mariposa county, local
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors 4 min ago
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe 35 min ago
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide 28 min ago
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos