Bakersfield man wins $51M Mega Millions jackpot
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley man beat out 176 million Mega Millions players to win Tuesday's jackpot.
Lottery officials introduced Ronnie Orender of Bakersfield as the sole winner of a big jackpot.
Orender gave his mother money to purchase the winning ticket at a Bakersfield Mobil gas station.
After taxes he'll receive a lump sum of about $24.2 million. Orender says he was a bundle of nerves after finding out he had the winning ticket.
Ronnie Orender said, "I had 3 to 4 beers & I felt 100% better and I don't drink."
Orender says he plans on purchasing a house, some cars, and donating to charity.
lottery, bakersfield, south valley, local, deshaunta bullock
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County 29 min ago
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos