Bakersfield man wins $51M Mega Millions jackpot
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley man beat out 176 million Mega Millions players to win Tuesday's jackpot.
Lottery officials introduced Ronnie Orender of Bakersfield as the sole winner of a big jackpot.
Orender gave his mother money to purchase the winning ticket at a Bakersfield Mobil gas station.
After taxes he'll receive a lump sum of about $24.2 million. Orender says he was a bundle of nerves after finding out he had the winning ticket.
Ronnie Orender said, "I had 3 to 4 beers & I felt 100% better and I don't drink."
Orender says he plans on purchasing a house, some cars, and donating to charity.
lottery, bakersfield, south valley, local, deshaunta bullock
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs
- Valley gets cutting-edge way to treat skin blemishes
- Search for new Fresno State president wrapping up
- Fowler High School holds college signing day
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Cement truck overturns on HWY 99 to HWY 180 interchange
- Accuweather Forecast
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos