Bakersfield man wins $51M Mega Millions jackpot
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley man beat out 176 million Mega Millions players to win Tuesday's jackpot.
Lottery officials introduced Ronnie Orender of Bakersfield as the sole winner of a big jackpot.
Orender gave his mother money to purchase the winning ticket at a Bakersfield Mobil gas station.
After taxes he'll receive a lump sum of about $24.2 million. Orender says he was a bundle of nerves after finding out he had the winning ticket.
Ronnie Orender said, "I had 3 to 4 beers & I felt 100% better and I don't drink."
Orender says he plans on purchasing a house, some cars, and donating to charity.
lottery, bakersfield, south valley, local, deshaunta bullock
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno 35 min ago
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88 42 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies