Fresno Police search for kidnapping suspect
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The search is still on for Antonio Salcedo, 21, of Kerman. He is wanted in connection to a violent kidnapping early Thursday morning.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Office said it received an anonymous tip that Salcedo was hiding at a home near Channing and Parkway in West Central Fresno.
After a search of the home, using K-9 units, they only found Salcedo's pick-up truck. Detectives also questioned several people who were inside the home. They were released after being questioned.
The 21-year-old is accused of kidnapping his estranged wife and 3-year-old son Thursday from a home in Kerman. Investigators said Salcedo drove the captives to a motel near Coalinga. While there, according to detectives, Salcedo and his estranged wife began to fight after he caught the 20-year-old woman on the phone with 911 dispatch.
Salcedo allegedly stabbed the little boy with a pair of scissors during a scuffle with his wife. The boy received about 20 stitches to his hand, and will be okay.
fresno police department, kidnapping, fresno county, fresno west central, local, rick montanez
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos