Fresno Police search for kidnapping suspect
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The search is still on for Antonio Salcedo, 21, of Kerman. He is wanted in connection to a violent kidnapping early Thursday morning.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Office said it received an anonymous tip that Salcedo was hiding at a home near Channing and Parkway in West Central Fresno.
After a search of the home, using K-9 units, they only found Salcedo's pick-up truck. Detectives also questioned several people who were inside the home. They were released after being questioned.
The 21-year-old is accused of kidnapping his estranged wife and 3-year-old son Thursday from a home in Kerman. Investigators said Salcedo drove the captives to a motel near Coalinga. While there, according to detectives, Salcedo and his estranged wife began to fight after he caught the 20-year-old woman on the phone with 911 dispatch.
Salcedo allegedly stabbed the little boy with a pair of scissors during a scuffle with his wife. The boy received about 20 stitches to his hand, and will be okay.
fresno police department, kidnapping, fresno county, fresno west central, local, rick montanez
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings 56 min ago
- Combat vehicles in east Ukraine fly Russian flag
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q 48 min ago
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses 42 min ago
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers
- 1 week left in 100 Day Challenge
20 min ago