Valley nurse honored as Mother of the Year
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A couple days before Mother's Day, Fresno County honored a special mom Friday afternoon.
Aletha Lang received the 2011 mother of the year award last week. But she was honored today during a special lunch.
Lang is the mother of two children and has two grandchildren.
She works as a registered nurse at Children's Hospital Central California.
But she's also served as a board member on a number of Valley agencies, including the Fresno ballet.
Friday's lunch also honored all mothers throughout the Central Valley.
fresno, fresno county, childrens hospital central california, local
- Authorities are investigating a homicide in Fresno County
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District 50 min ago
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Life or death? Jodi Arias jury deadlocked
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Eric Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor
- LA voters back measure to cap number of pot shops
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Dr. Joseph Castro named new Fresno State...
21 min ago