Valley nurse honored as Mother of the Year
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A couple days before Mother's Day, Fresno County honored a special mom Friday afternoon.
Aletha Lang received the 2011 mother of the year award last week. But she was honored today during a special lunch.
Lang is the mother of two children and has two grandchildren.
She works as a registered nurse at Children's Hospital Central California.
But she's also served as a board member on a number of Valley agencies, including the Fresno ballet.
Friday's lunch also honored all mothers throughout the Central Valley.
fresno, fresno county, childrens hospital central california, local
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels