Driver killed in crash with semi-truck in Merced
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities in the North Valley are investigating a head-on crash that left one person dead.
It happened Saturday on Highway 59 near Sandy Mush Road just south of Merced.
Witnesses tell the CHP, a Honda was heading south on Highway 59 when it suddenly veered over the double yellow line and into a semi-truck.
The big rig crushed the car killing the driver.
Now investigators are working to figure out why the Honda swerved into the wrong lane.
"At this juncture we are investigating all aspects of the exact cause. We do know for sure that the Honda was the errant vehicle. It crossed directly over into oncoming traffic," Sergeant. Michael Greene said.
The driver of the car died at the scene.
The semi-truck driver and his passenger were taken to the hospital and treated for minor injuries.
california highway patrol, merced county, merced, local
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 22 min ago
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 3 min ago
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals