Battle of the Badge Blood Drive
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Some local law enforcement officers are going into battle, but not on the streets. They're rolling up their sleeves to help save lives.
The event pits Valley law enforcement agencies and fire departments against each other, to see which one can bring in the most blood donors.
Dean Eller with the Central California Blood Center: "Very competitive group of people and they carry guns so it's one of those things where we really have to keep an eye on them. They are very competitive and they really turn out because they understand the need for blood.
The blood center hopes to keep its shelves full, especially with the upcoming Memorial Day weekend.
The battle of the badges ends May 21st. If you would like to help, there are three different blood center locations in Fresno.
Herndon near Milburn in Northwest Fresno
4343 W. Herndon Ave
M-TH 8a-6:30p, F 8a-6p, S 9a-3p
First and Shields in Central Fresno
3445 N. First St.
M-Th 8a-6:30p, F 8a-6p
Northeast Fresno at Champlain and Perrin
1010 E. Perrin
M-Th 8a-6:30p, F 8a-6p, S 9a-3p
california highway patrol, department of fish and game, fresno county sheriff department, fresno fire department, fresno police department, fresno northwest, fresno, fresno county, local, corin hoggard
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos