Kings County home damaged by powerful winds
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley family got quite a jolt Monday evening when powerful winds lifted their trailer several feet into the air. Those winds took down a massive tree in Lemoore, uprooting it and sending their trailer home six feet into the air.
The sudden jolt left the trailer's door ajar and drawers inside open. Pedro Cuevas says he and his wife were inside when they heard what sounded like a tornado. The couple's home came to rest at a nearly 45 degree tilt. The tree also took down their carport, trapping their truck underneath.
In Woodlake, an Action News viewer shot video as powerful and sudden wind gusts sent the varsity softball team scrambling off the field, huddling to take cover. Around the same time, the winds also kicked up dust and debris in Downtown Visalia, making it difficult for some to walk.
But back in Lemoore, the uprooted tree and damaged home may be some of the worst damage. Pedro Cuevas called it all very scary but said he's thanking God no one was hurt. The Red Cross is helping the family find a place to stay.
kings county, lemoore, storm, local, amanda perez
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for jet with 239 aboard 54 min ago
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals