Car wash held for Exeter 3-year-old
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A North Valley community came together Saturday to help the family of 3-year-old Sophia Acosta.
The Exeter girl died Wednesday night at Children's Hospital in Madera County, days after police say -- she was severely abused.
We're using her picture at the request of her family.
Dozens of people held a car wash in Livingston where Sophia's dad lives.
They are trying to raise money to help pay for funeral expenses.
Sophia's grandfather says family members are overwhelmed by the community's support.
"It's touching a lot of people. They've just been coming by and just donating, like 100 dollars, you know 50, you know, whatever, it's just been awesome," Joaquin Acosta said.
Family members tell Action News they raised more than $600 Saturday.
Meanwhile, no arrests have been made in this case.
Sophia's mom and boyfriend are still "persons of interest."
Two separate accounts have been set up to help pay for Sophia Acosta's funeral expenses.
crimetracker, exeter, livingston, local
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos