Car crashes through Clovis Me-N-Ed's
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Sunday lunch turned dangerous for people at a Me-N-Ed's Pizza Parlor in Clovis Sunday when a car came crashing through the building.
The car has since been pulled out of the restaurant you can see just how much damage this crash caused.
Miraculously, no one was hurt.
Clovis Police say just before 3:00, a 70-year-old Fresno woman was parking her Mercedes convertible, when by mistake, she pressed the gas pedal, instead of the brakes.
Aside from a few employees, six customers were also inside the restaurant at the time.
Action News spoke to one person who was sitting at a table with friends when the car came crashing through, as well, someone who was working next door.
They both described a frightening scene.
"I heard a big rumble of glass just everywhere, and then ran outside and the lady was all the way inside the building," Lisa Cote said.
"All of a sudden, we hear like this big explosion and like a car like just came through and a table flew on my friend and then I was just like, what just happened? And it knocked me, so we just through it off," Matt Walton said.
No word on when the restaurant will reopen.
As for the driver, she was not injured, but police told Action News she was in jail Sunday night.
They say they have two warrants out for her arrest but, would not dislose the reason why.
clovis, fresno county, crimetracker, clovis police department, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 44 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs