Car crashes through Clovis Me-N-Ed's
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Sunday lunch turned dangerous for people at a Me-N-Ed's Pizza Parlor in Clovis Sunday when a car came crashing through the building.
The car has since been pulled out of the restaurant you can see just how much damage this crash caused.
Miraculously, no one was hurt.
Clovis Police say just before 3:00, a 70-year-old Fresno woman was parking her Mercedes convertible, when by mistake, she pressed the gas pedal, instead of the brakes.
Aside from a few employees, six customers were also inside the restaurant at the time.
Action News spoke to one person who was sitting at a table with friends when the car came crashing through, as well, someone who was working next door.
They both described a frightening scene.
"I heard a big rumble of glass just everywhere, and then ran outside and the lady was all the way inside the building," Lisa Cote said.
"All of a sudden, we hear like this big explosion and like a car like just came through and a table flew on my friend and then I was just like, what just happened? And it knocked me, so we just through it off," Matt Walton said.
No word on when the restaurant will reopen.
As for the driver, she was not injured, but police told Action News she was in jail Sunday night.
They say they have two warrants out for her arrest but, would not dislose the reason why.
clovis, fresno county, crimetracker, clovis police department, local
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Combat vehicles in east Ukraine fly Russian flag
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California