Father of 6 children found dead in Fresno County
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's investigators are trying to figure out who murdered a man in Fresno County.
The man's body was found Tuesday morning in front of a trailer near Lincoln and Bethel, near Del Rey.
Family members have identified the victim as 36-year-old Jesse Sustaita. They say he is a father of six who worked as a farm laborer and handyman on the ranch where he was found.
Deputies were called out just after 6:00 Tuesday morning after getting a 9-1-1 call.
"At this point and time we are still talking to witnesses and people that reside on this property," said Robert Buenrostro. "It has to do with the last people that he was in contact with and we haven't identified those yet."
Sheriff's investigators say the victim appears to have been shot.
A neighbor told Action News he heard gunfire in the area around 1:00 in the morning, but didn't know it was related to a murder.
homicide, crimetracker, del ray, fresno county, local, sontaya rose
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Fire Safety