Livingston teacher allegedly gave teens chloroform
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A high school chemistry teacher has been arrested after police say she gave several students chloroform and told them how to use it.
Japhia Huhndorf was arrested Monday on three counts of felony child endangerment.
Police say on several occasions, the teacher allowed students to study in her classroom after school.
During these times, officers believe the teacher gave the students chloroform and watched them use it.
Officers say the students intended to get high. They say two of the students who inhaled the dangerous chemical passed out.
Action News reached Huhndorf at home. She declined to comment on the case against her.
livingston, merced county, crimetracker, local, sontaya rose
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all 40 min ago
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans Killed by Drones
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system