Livingston teacher allegedly gave teens chloroform
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A high school chemistry teacher has been arrested after police say she gave several students chloroform and told them how to use it.
Japhia Huhndorf was arrested Monday on three counts of felony child endangerment.
Police say on several occasions, the teacher allowed students to study in her classroom after school.
During these times, officers believe the teacher gave the students chloroform and watched them use it.
Officers say the students intended to get high. They say two of the students who inhaled the dangerous chemical passed out.
Action News reached Huhndorf at home. She declined to comment on the case against her.
livingston, merced county, crimetracker, local, sontaya rose
- Video: Valentine closed near Ashlan due to police investigation 25 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Accuweather Forecast
39 min ago