Deadly Bicycle accident in Tulare County
TULARE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A bicyclist was killed while traveling down a busy Tulare County road.
The accident happened Friday morning near Ivanhoe on Road 144 just south of Avenue 313.
The C.H.P. said the victim was riding on the shoulder of the road when he was hit by a truck. Officers say the driver did not see the man.
The identity of the victim has not been released. People in the area say the man usually rides his bike into the Visalia area to collect cans.
There is no word yet if the driver will face any charges.
ivanhoe, tulare county, local
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll 46 min ago
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Fire Safety
35 min ago