Deadly Bicycle accident in Tulare County
TULARE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A bicyclist was killed while traveling down a busy Tulare County road.
The accident happened Friday morning near Ivanhoe on Road 144 just south of Avenue 313.
The C.H.P. said the victim was riding on the shoulder of the road when he was hit by a truck. Officers say the driver did not see the man.
The identity of the victim has not been released. People in the area say the man usually rides his bike into the Visalia area to collect cans.
There is no word yet if the driver will face any charges.
ivanhoe, tulare county, local
- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region