Fatal Madera Co crash may be alcohol related
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Alcohol may be to blame for a solo car accident that killed a Raymond woman.
The accident happened in Madera County on Avenue 21 near Road 30 and a half. The C.H.P. says the 19-year-old driver lost control of her car just after 1 a.m. Friday morning.
Pictures from the Madera Tribune show the damage of the car after it flipped over.
The woman died at the scene. A passenger suffered serious injuries. He was airlifted to the hospital.
The C.H.P. says alcohol is being investigated as a cause of the crash. The passenger told C.H.P. officers the two had been drinking just before to the crash.
raymond, madera county, local
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95 22 min ago
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- Fire Safety