Man killed in Merced Co. train crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A crash between a train and a truck in the North Valley has left one man dead.
It happened Sunday afternoon just outside of Planada near Highway 140 and Plainsburg Rd. in Merced County.
The California Highway Patrol says the man was driving on a farm road when he came to a private railroad crossing.
As he was crossing the tracks an Amtrak train headed for San Francisco hit him.
No one on the train was hurt but the driver of the truck was killed.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
merced county, planada, california highway patrol, local
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
- Dave Chappelle is back with new Funny or Die tour
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno Co 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children