Man killed in Merced Co. train crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A crash between a train and a truck in the North Valley has left one man dead.
It happened Sunday afternoon just outside of Planada near Highway 140 and Plainsburg Rd. in Merced County.
The California Highway Patrol says the man was driving on a farm road when he came to a private railroad crossing.
As he was crossing the tracks an Amtrak train headed for San Francisco hit him.
No one on the train was hurt but the driver of the truck was killed.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
merced county, planada, california highway patrol, local
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years