Man killed in Merced Co. train crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A crash between a train and a truck in the North Valley has left one man dead.
It happened Sunday afternoon just outside of Planada near Highway 140 and Plainsburg Rd. in Merced County.
The California Highway Patrol says the man was driving on a farm road when he came to a private railroad crossing.
As he was crossing the tracks an Amtrak train headed for San Francisco hit him.
No one on the train was hurt but the driver of the truck was killed.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
merced county, planada, california highway patrol, local
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama