EPA approves construction of natural gas plant near Avenal
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A natural gas power plant in southern Fresno County was one-step closer to reality Sunday morning.
Saturday the US Environmental Protection Agency approved construction of the 600-megawatt gas fueled power plant near Avenal.
Environmental groups say they will appeal the decision based on green house gas emission standards.
But the power company planning to build the plant, says it will use state of the art equipment to reduce emissions.
No word yet on when construction could begin.
avenal, fresno county, local
- Officer-involved shooting in Northeast Fresno 3 min ago
- Large fire guts warehouse southeast of Fresno 21 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death 53 min ago
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Large fire guts warehouse in Fresno County
21 min ago