Memorial Day Parade in Farmersville
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- In the South Valley, thousands of people gathered in Farmersville for the city's Memorial Day Parade.
From firefighters to local Vietnam Veterans, hundreds walked the mile stretch down Farmersville Blvd. for the annual event.
People from all over Tulare County came out to watch the parade.
Many say it is a great event which unites the South Valley.
"This is pretty mucht he whole commutniy coming out supporing the veterans and being thankful for what they've done for our country," Eric Lopez said.
"I think it's pretty neat because all the gathering with all the kids the excitement they enjoy itt you know it brings a lot of people together," Dennis Raney said.
City officials say this year's parade had 75 entries, the most ever.
farmersville, tulare county, holiday, local
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake 7 min ago
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
36 min ago