Hit-and-run leaves bicyclist seriously injured
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The search is on for a hit-and-run driver in Tulare County who left a bicyclist seriously injured.
The accident happened around 5 p.m. Tuesday at Road 36 and Avenue 400 near Kingsburg.
The C.H.P. said a red Nissan Maxima tried to pass the 62-year-old man on his bike when the bicyclist turned in front of the car. The driver struck the man on the bike and then drove away.
An Action News viewer shot video of the helicopter taking the victim to the hospital. His injuries are unknown.
Authorities say the driver appears to be a man in his twenties and had a ten-year-old passenger in the front seat. The Nissan Maxima is also missing its right mirror.
If you have any information on this accident, call the Visalia C.H.P.
hit and run, kingsburg, tulare county, local
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004