Arrest made in violent home invasion in Atwater
ATWATER, Calif. (KFSN) -- Atwater Police have arrested two suspects in a brutal home invasion that went unsolved for more than a month.
Joey Cardoza and Kimberly Grace are accused of forcing their way into a woman's home in late April. Police say the two tied up and beat the woman before ransacking her home.
A break in the case came after police released surveillance footage showing one of the suspects using the victim's ATM card in Merced after the attack. A citizen identified the suspect as Kimberly Grace.
Police say the pair targeted the victim as retaliation because Cardoza went to jail for burglarizing her house in 2007.
crimetracker, home invasion, atwater, merced county, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home 28 min ago
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Fresno family's dream comes true 50 min ago
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes