Woman killed by train in Tulare Co crash
TULARE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A woman is dead and her young daughter injured after a train struck their car Monday morning.
It happened at Road 60 near Avenue 308 in Tulare County just after 7:30 a.m. The 32-year-old mother and six-year-old daughter were the only two people inside the vehicle when an oncoming freight train struck the car.
The woman died at the scene. The girl was airlifted to Community Regional Medical Center with moderate injuries.
The California Highway Patrol says the two were not wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash.
Their identities have not been released.
goshen, tulare county, local
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels 1 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing 26 min ago
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel 46 min ago
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies 55 min ago
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases