Woman killed by train in Tulare Co crash
TULARE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A woman is dead and her young daughter injured after a train struck their car Monday morning.
It happened at Road 60 near Avenue 308 in Tulare County just after 7:30 a.m. The 32-year-old mother and six-year-old daughter were the only two people inside the vehicle when an oncoming freight train struck the car.
The woman died at the scene. The girl was airlifted to Community Regional Medical Center with moderate injuries.
The California Highway Patrol says the two were not wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash.
Their identities have not been released.
goshen, tulare county, local
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 47 min ago
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested 44 min ago
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up