Woman killed by train in Tulare Co crash
TULARE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A woman is dead and her young daughter injured after a train struck their car Monday morning.
It happened at Road 60 near Avenue 308 in Tulare County just after 7:30 a.m. The 32-year-old mother and six-year-old daughter were the only two people inside the vehicle when an oncoming freight train struck the car.
The woman died at the scene. The girl was airlifted to Community Regional Medical Center with moderate injuries.
The California Highway Patrol says the two were not wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash.
Their identities have not been released.
goshen, tulare county, local
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- The skinny on fitness video games
- The final push for California's 16th Senate seat
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- La Tapatia fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos