Woman killed by train in Tulare Co crash
TULARE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A woman is dead and her young daughter injured after a train struck their car Monday morning.
It happened at Road 60 near Avenue 308 in Tulare County just after 7:30 a.m. The 32-year-old mother and six-year-old daughter were the only two people inside the vehicle when an oncoming freight train struck the car.
The woman died at the scene. The girl was airlifted to Community Regional Medical Center with moderate injuries.
The California Highway Patrol says the two were not wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash.
Their identities have not been released.
goshen, tulare county, local
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 41 min ago
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal 27 min ago
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week 10 min ago
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals