Woman killed by train in Tulare Co crash
TULARE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A woman is dead and her young daughter injured after a train struck their car Monday morning.
It happened at Road 60 near Avenue 308 in Tulare County just after 7:30 a.m. The 32-year-old mother and six-year-old daughter were the only two people inside the vehicle when an oncoming freight train struck the car.
The woman died at the scene. The girl was airlifted to Community Regional Medical Center with moderate injuries.
The California Highway Patrol says the two were not wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash.
Their identities have not been released.
goshen, tulare county, local
- Industrial accident injures multiple people in Merced County 41 min ago
- Reward raised to $100K to find Ryan Rodriquez
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos