Chris Cheary pleads Not Guilty in Sophia Acosta murder
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The man accused of killing three-year-old Sophia Acosta pleaded Not Guilty to murder and sexual assault charges. He was arraigned Monday afternoon in Visalia.
Exeter Police say Sophia Acosta died after being physically and sexually abused last month.
Cheary is facing multiple charges including murder, torture and sexual assault. He could ultimately face the death penalty.
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting 44 min ago
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 5 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Craigslist played role in Madera Co. shooting
4 min ago