Shooting in Orange Cove under investigation
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Orange Cove Police are now investigating the first shooting death in that city in almost two years.
Joe Lopez, 30, was a passenger in a car when he was shot Tuesday night in Orange Cove.
Paramedics rushed the man to the hospital in critical condition, but Lopez later died.
Investigators say the only information they have on a suspect is that the person drove away in a black or brown 90's model Honda Accord.
This is the first shooting in orange cove since the city re-instated the Police Department in December of 2009.
Anyone with information is asked to call police.
orange cove, fresno county, shooting, crimetracker, local
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices 26 min ago
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford 21 min ago
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
22 min ago
- Fresno State Bulldogs get out of practice...
39 min ago
- Online love connection leads to some...
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos