Portion of Kings River closed in Fresno Co.
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- High water from the melting snow pack is already shutting down portions of the Kings River in Fresno County.
A popular 5 mile stretch of the river is closed for public recreation, between Highway 180 and the Goodfellow Bridge, just southeast of Sanger.
The Sheriff's Office has already had to kick a few people off the river, Action News was told told they were floating downstream which is dangerous here.
And as you can see, the water is moving quickly, and officials say conditions will only get worse.
kings river, fresno county, sanger, local, rick montanez
- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire 41 min ago
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California 55 min ago
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region