Portion of Kings River closed in Fresno Co.
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- High water from the melting snow pack is already shutting down portions of the Kings River in Fresno County.
A popular 5 mile stretch of the river is closed for public recreation, between Highway 180 and the Goodfellow Bridge, just southeast of Sanger.
The Sheriff's Office has already had to kick a few people off the river, Action News was told told they were floating downstream which is dangerous here.
And as you can see, the water is moving quickly, and officials say conditions will only get worse.
kings river, fresno county, sanger, local, rick montanez
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama