Portion of Kings River closed in Fresno Co.
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- High water from the melting snow pack is already shutting down portions of the Kings River in Fresno County.
A popular 5 mile stretch of the river is closed for public recreation, between Highway 180 and the Goodfellow Bridge, just southeast of Sanger.
The Sheriff's Office has already had to kick a few people off the river, Action News was told told they were floating downstream which is dangerous here.
And as you can see, the water is moving quickly, and officials say conditions will only get worse.
kings river, fresno county, sanger, local, rick montanez
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals