Teenager found dead in Southwest Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating the death of a teenager in Southwest Fresno.
Officers responded to a call of shots fired on Grove near Martin Luther King around 3 p.m. Sunday. A teenage boy was found on the sidewalk.
Police have not released the boy's age but they are calling his death a homicide.
At this point investigators say the boy was involved in an altercation a block away from where he was found.
"We know that there was a number of people at the original location where we believe the disturbance started. Obviously, we don't know how many of these people are involved, how many are witnesses or an actual suspect in the event," Lt. Jon Papaleo said.
Police also say they have no evidence to link this murder to gang activity.
This is Fresno's 21st homicide this year.
fresno county, fresno southwest, fresno fire department, homicide, local
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans Killed by Drones
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000