Teenager found dead in Southwest Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating the death of a teenager in Southwest Fresno.
Officers responded to a call of shots fired on Grove near Martin Luther King around 3 p.m. Sunday. A teenage boy was found on the sidewalk.
Police have not released the boy's age but they are calling his death a homicide.
At this point investigators say the boy was involved in an altercation a block away from where he was found.
"We know that there was a number of people at the original location where we believe the disturbance started. Obviously, we don't know how many of these people are involved, how many are witnesses or an actual suspect in the event," Lt. Jon Papaleo said.
Police also say they have no evidence to link this murder to gang activity.
This is Fresno's 21st homicide this year.
fresno county, fresno southwest, fresno fire department, homicide, local
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004