Possible water contamination at Lemoore Naval Air Station
LEMOORE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Base officials at Lemoore Naval Air Station are taking several precautions after nearly 30 people were taken to the hospital with a mysterious illness.
Water fountains on the base have been turned off and those living on the base have been told to drink bottled water and boil any water they use for cooking or other needs.
Dozens of people who became ill all worked on the operations side of the base. The only common factor base officials can think of is they all drank water from the base.
Lemoore Naval Air Station tested the water and expects results back on Thursday. All six restaurants on the base have also stopped serving fountain drinks as a precaution.
Stay with Action News for any new developments out of Lemoore.
lemoore, lemoore naval air station, kings county, local
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- Jodi Arias asks for life in prison
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- ESPN layoffs are the latest in a series of Disney cuts
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Photos: Aftermath of deadly tornadoes
- Madera County fire nearly contained
- Asparagus demand goes up as supply shrinks
- California cherry harvest begins
- California sheep ranchers face high costs, competition
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on