Possible water contamination at Lemoore Naval Air Station
LEMOORE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Base officials at Lemoore Naval Air Station are taking several precautions after nearly 30 people were taken to the hospital with a mysterious illness.
Water fountains on the base have been turned off and those living on the base have been told to drink bottled water and boil any water they use for cooking or other needs.
Dozens of people who became ill all worked on the operations side of the base. The only common factor base officials can think of is they all drank water from the base.
Lemoore Naval Air Station tested the water and expects results back on Thursday. All six restaurants on the base have also stopped serving fountain drinks as a precaution.
Stay with Action News for any new developments out of Lemoore.
lemoore, lemoore naval air station, kings county, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe