Possible water contamination at Lemoore Naval Air Station
LEMOORE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Base officials at Lemoore Naval Air Station are taking several precautions after nearly 30 people were taken to the hospital with a mysterious illness.
Water fountains on the base have been turned off and those living on the base have been told to drink bottled water and boil any water they use for cooking or other needs.
Dozens of people who became ill all worked on the operations side of the base. The only common factor base officials can think of is they all drank water from the base.
Lemoore Naval Air Station tested the water and expects results back on Thursday. All six restaurants on the base have also stopped serving fountain drinks as a precaution.
Stay with Action News for any new developments out of Lemoore.
lemoore, lemoore naval air station, kings county, local
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos