Grass fire causes lane closure on HWY 99 in Southeast Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The slow lane on Highway 99 near North Cedar in Southeast Fresno was blocked as firefighters worked to put out a grass fire.
Fresno firefighters say the fire broke out around 9 a.m. Wednesday morning.
About 22 firefighters were on scene. They said no structures were threatened and weather conditions helped them battle the fire.
The fire burned at least 2 acres. No word yet on what started the fire.
widlfire, fresno southeast, fresno, fresno county, local
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment 4 min ago
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after stabbing 30 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart