SCICON counselor gets 5 years for child porn
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The man arrested for storing child pornography on a computer at a kid's camp in the South Valley is headed to prison.
Matthew Jones was sentenced to five years in prison and 15 years probation.
Jones worked as a counselor at "SCICON" a popular camp above Springville in Tulare County. Thousands of middle school-age students attend the camp throughout the year. Jones was arrested back in February.
Deputies say employees at the camp noticed suspicious video files on a shared media network, and that led to the discovery of pornography.
Camp administrators say Jones led educational workshops and campfires for the kids but never spent any time alone with them.
tulare county, springville, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 52 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it 12 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Near drownings on the rise 38 min ago
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free