SCICON counselor gets 5 years for child porn
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The man arrested for storing child pornography on a computer at a kid's camp in the South Valley is headed to prison.
Matthew Jones was sentenced to five years in prison and 15 years probation.
Jones worked as a counselor at "SCICON" a popular camp above Springville in Tulare County. Thousands of middle school-age students attend the camp throughout the year. Jones was arrested back in February.
Deputies say employees at the camp noticed suspicious video files on a shared media network, and that led to the discovery of pornography.
Camp administrators say Jones led educational workshops and campfires for the kids but never spent any time alone with them.
tulare county, springville, local
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe 43 min ago
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide 15 min ago
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits