No sign of missing sailor on Kings River
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- We now know the name of the Lemoore sailor who is missing on the Kings River. Officials at Naval Air Station Lemoore say he is Adam Molai.
Molai, and several other sailors, were rafting on the river Saturday when they ran into trouble near Laton in Fresno County.
Officials say the group was caught off guard by an overflow dam. The Fresno County Sheriff's Office searched the water Saturday night and again Sunday morning.
So far there has been no sign of Molai and rescue crews say it is likely he is dead. The nine other people rafting with Molai were rescued from the river.
The part of the Kings River where the group was rafting was not the area that has been closed to recreational use.
kings river, fresno county, missing person, lemoore, lemoore naval air station, laton, local
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?