No sign of missing sailor on Kings River
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- We now know the name of the Lemoore sailor who is missing on the Kings River. Officials at Naval Air Station Lemoore say he is Adam Molai.
Molai, and several other sailors, were rafting on the river Saturday when they ran into trouble near Laton in Fresno County.
Officials say the group was caught off guard by an overflow dam. The Fresno County Sheriff's Office searched the water Saturday night and again Sunday morning.
So far there has been no sign of Molai and rescue crews say it is likely he is dead. The nine other people rafting with Molai were rescued from the river.
The part of the Kings River where the group was rafting was not the area that has been closed to recreational use.
kings river, fresno county, missing person, lemoore, lemoore naval air station, laton, local
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos