No sign of missing sailor on Kings River
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- We now know the name of the Lemoore sailor who is missing on the Kings River. Officials at Naval Air Station Lemoore say he is Adam Molai.
Molai, and several other sailors, were rafting on the river Saturday when they ran into trouble near Laton in Fresno County.
Officials say the group was caught off guard by an overflow dam. The Fresno County Sheriff's Office searched the water Saturday night and again Sunday morning.
So far there has been no sign of Molai and rescue crews say it is likely he is dead. The nine other people rafting with Molai were rescued from the river.
The part of the Kings River where the group was rafting was not the area that has been closed to recreational use.
kings river, fresno county, missing person, lemoore, lemoore naval air station, laton, local
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Brush fire in SoCal scorches 250 acres in Castaic area
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
- Suspect arrested after 2 county chase ends in crash
- Two officers wounded in Visalia shootout
- Police arrest two ID theft suspects in Fresno
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos