Kings River remains closed as more water is released
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- More snowmelt is being released into the Kings River so South Valley officials are keeping the water off limits this Father's Day.
The river has been closed since Thursday as the Army Corps of engineers releases water from Pine Flat Dam.
It will be shut down for swimmers and boaters for at least the next two weeks because of its fast and dangerous current.
kings river, fresno county, pine flat lake, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- Near drownings on the rise
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved...
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos