Kings River remains closed as more water is released
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- More snowmelt is being released into the Kings River so South Valley officials are keeping the water off limits this Father's Day.
The river has been closed since Thursday as the Army Corps of engineers releases water from Pine Flat Dam.
It will be shut down for swimmers and boaters for at least the next two weeks because of its fast and dangerous current.
kings river, fresno county, pine flat lake, local
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather