SkyWest flight makes emergency landing at FYI
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A SkyWest Airlines flight from Los Angeles International Airport to Boise, Idaho was diverted to Fresno Sunday morning after the pilot reported a pressurization problem with the airplane.
The plane landed safely at Fresno-Yosemite Airport just before 10 a.m. There were 54 people onboard United Express flight 5584, including the 3 crew members. No one was injured.
FAA spokesperson Ian Gregor said the pressurization problem did not cause the oxygen masks on the CRJ-200 airplane to be used. A SkyWest Airlines representative said the pilot reported the problem after taking off from LAX. The pilot descended to a lower altitude as a precaution.
All of the passengers were put on another SkyWest plane and continued to Boise.
The plane was being flown for United Express. SkyWest mechanics at FYI were trying to determine what caused the pressurization problem.
fresno-yosemite international airport, los angeles, fresno, fresno county, local
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos