Wildfire near Squaw Valley burns over 130-acres
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Nearly 200 firefighters from Cal Fire and Fresno County are battling a wildfire near Squaw Valley.
More than 130-acres have burned in the area of Highway 180 and Crawford. Porter Avenue north of Highway 180, remains closed.
The fire was reported around 8 p.m. Sunday night. Investigators are looking into how the fire started. At one point, flames were as high as 8 feet.
Fire officials say no homes or businesses are threatened at this time. The fire is seventy-percent contained.
widlfire, squaw valley, fresno county, local
- Carstens Fire blamed on unattended campfire
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Firefighters save home north of Clovis
- Resources stretched thin as fires ignite around the Valley
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect
- Smoke from fires may cause health risks
- Mandela's wife thanks world for 'love, generosity'
- Court: Arizona citizenship proof law illegal