Lower Lost Lake, Skaggs Bridge Parks are closed
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two popular sections of the San Joaquin River are closed because of dangerous conditions in the water. But despite the warning, many people are going into the water at Lost Lake and Skaggs Bridge Parks.
Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies had to escort about 15 carloads of people out of Skaggs Bridge Park Thursday afternoon. At Lost Lake Park, far fewer people were swimming.
Sheriff's deputies say the flooded conditions and rising water are a deadly combination.
In the past week the Fresno County sheriff's boating unit has made several swift water rescues. Deputies plan to cite those who disregard the park closures.
heat wave, local, sontaya rose
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight 12 min ago
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Fresno man