Lower Lost Lake, Skaggs Bridge Parks are closed
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two popular sections of the San Joaquin River are closed because of dangerous conditions in the water. But despite the warning, many people are going into the water at Lost Lake and Skaggs Bridge Parks.
Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies had to escort about 15 carloads of people out of Skaggs Bridge Park Thursday afternoon. At Lost Lake Park, far fewer people were swimming.
Sheriff's deputies say the flooded conditions and rising water are a deadly combination.
In the past week the Fresno County sheriff's boating unit has made several swift water rescues. Deputies plan to cite those who disregard the park closures.
heat wave, local, sontaya rose
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos