Flags at half-staff to honor Visalia Marine
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Valley Marine who just died on the front lines in Afghanistan is being honored Friday.
Governor Brown ordered all flags to fly at half-staff for 22-year-old Visalia native Lance Corporal Jared C. Verbeek. Verbeek died Tuesday during combat operation in Afghanistan.
Verbeek is survived by a wife and small boy.
afghanistan war, visalia, tulare county, united states marine corps, local
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000 34 min ago
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base 26 min ago
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers 9 min ago
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos