Flags at half-staff to honor Visalia Marine
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Valley Marine who just died on the front lines in Afghanistan is being honored Friday.
Governor Brown ordered all flags to fly at half-staff for 22-year-old Visalia native Lance Corporal Jared C. Verbeek. Verbeek died Tuesday during combat operation in Afghanistan.
Verbeek is survived by a wife and small boy.
afghanistan war, visalia, tulare county, united states marine corps, local
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles 4 min ago
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos