Flags at half-staff to honor Visalia Marine
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Valley Marine who just died on the front lines in Afghanistan is being honored Friday.
Governor Brown ordered all flags to fly at half-staff for 22-year-old Visalia native Lance Corporal Jared C. Verbeek. Verbeek died Tuesday during combat operation in Afghanistan.
Verbeek is survived by a wife and small boy.
afghanistan war, visalia, tulare county, united states marine corps, local
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy 14 min ago
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hours after contact drop 54 min ago
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Merced County marijuana grow lands man in jail
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- Fresno kidnap, sex assault suspect changes plea
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Good Sports: Clovis High baseball
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting...
13 min ago