Flags at half-staff to honor Visalia Marine
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Valley Marine who just died on the front lines in Afghanistan is being honored Friday.
Governor Brown ordered all flags to fly at half-staff for 22-year-old Visalia native Lance Corporal Jared C. Verbeek. Verbeek died Tuesday during combat operation in Afghanistan.
Verbeek is survived by a wife and small boy.
afghanistan war, visalia, tulare county, united states marine corps, local
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma twister 30 min ago
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Photos: Aftermath of deadly tornadoes
- Madera County fire nearly contained
- Asparagus demand goes up as supply shrinks
- California cherry harvest begins
- California sheep ranchers face high costs, competition
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops