Lake Don Pedro drowning victim ID'd
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are investigating the death of a young Merced woman whose body was found in the Don Pedro Reservoir.
The Tuolumne County Sheriff's dive team recovered her body in the area below Gardner Falls Tuesday morning.
Authorities confirmed the victim is 25 year old Jennifer Heiser. Deputies say Heiser was boating with friends on Monday when they noticed she was gone. The friends went to report Heiser missing at the marina. But on the way there, they were involved in a boating accident that seriously injured another Merced woman.
Investigators are now trying to determine how Heiser died. Her loved ones say she was a sweet and outgoing young woman.
Family Friend, Diana Aragon said, "Very vibrant. She always kept the party alive. She was a great dancer, she always laughed and smiled and wanted to always have a fun time."
Heiser's longtime boyfriend, Adam Aragon, was too upset to speak on camera. But he shared a letter with Action News that says in part, "Jennifer was the love of my life and I can't imagine living life without her."
don pedro, drowning, local
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 2 dead, 15 hurt 1 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo