Fallen Visalia Marine's body arrives at Lemoore Naval Air Station
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- The body of a Visalia Marine returned to the South Valley. Lance Corporal Jared Verbeek of Visalia died last Tuesday during combat in Helmand Province, Afghanistan.
His body arrived at Lemoore Naval Air Station Wednesday afternoon with a full military escort.
Family members were on hand at the base and a large number of people lined the procession route from Lemoore to Visalia.
Art taft, marine corps veteran said, "i just wanted to come out here and be here so at least they can feel another kindred spirit. Whether i get to see them or whether they get to see me as long as they know someone is here to support them."
The 22-year-old is survived by his wife, Vanessa, their 18-month old son, Jacob, and a large extended family.
Funeral services for Lance Corporal Jared Verbeek will be held this Friday at 10:00 a.m. at the Visalia Nazarene Church. The address is 3333 West Caldwell Avenue in Visalia.
tulare county, visalia, lemoore, lemoore naval air station, kings county, afghanistan, local, jessica peres
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom 8 min ago
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos