Some Valley rivers closed due to fast moving water
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Much of the Kings River remained closed Saturday morning because of dangerous, fast moving water. It was closed in Fresno County below Pine Flat Dam.
The river was reopened for a short time Friday but that only lasted a few hours.
The Kings River is also closed in Tulare County. And the Merced River is closed near Snelling, after a series of water rescues over the past week.
Sheriff's Deputies are patrolling the river and are ready to arrest anyone who enters the water.
tulare county, merced river, fresno county, kings river, local
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect 25 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo 11 min ago
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos