Atwater parade celebrates the Fourth of July
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- People from across the Valley gathered in Atwater Monday morning for an Independence Day parade. The Atwater High School marching band helped put people in a festive mood despite the heat.
Hundreds of residents lined the streets and set up tents and carried umbrellas to help shade themselves from the extreme heat.
An estimated 40,000 people took part in last year's parade and other Fourth of July activities in Atwater.
The fun continued throughout the day Monday with a festival at Ralston Park and then a concert and fireworks show Monday night.
atwater, holiday, local
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos