Four escape Central Fresno house fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The fire grew quickly and the first crews on scene had to call for extra help.
It started at a home near Wishon and Saginaw near the area of Dakota and Maroa.
The fire started in the garage of the home and spread to at least one bedroom. Within minutes heavy black smoke started billowing hundreds of feet into the air.
42 Firefighters responded to the blaze.
The owner says he had just stepped outside, when someone walking by noticed the flames. The owner quickly went back into to grab three adults who were still in the house.
Firefighters say they had a difficult time gaining access to the garage because of power lines directly above it. Fortunately, no one was hurt, but the owner did lose some valuable items.
"What do you think was destroyed?"
"Well, 2002 Corvette, and all my tools, and I don't know," said Richard Sutton.
Although the cause has not been determined, it's possible this started as a vehicle fire. Damage is estimated at more than $100,000.
Fire fighters are taking extra precautions because of the heat. They are taking several breaks, and drinking lots of water.
Because there were so many fight fighters, the fire department did not respond to medical aid calls. Instead, the ambulance companies handled those on their own.
fire, fresno fire department, fresno central, fresno, fresno county, local, shannon handy
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors 24 min ago
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe 55 min ago
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide 48 min ago
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos