Missing Dinkey Creek kayaker presumed drowned
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Search teams with the Fresno County Sheriff's Department say a missing kayaker is presumed drowned.
The man, who is said to be in his 30's, was first reported missing Tuesday night in a remote area between Dinkey Creek and Big Creek in Eastern Fresno County. Five extreme kayakers were on the river when they noticed the man had disappeared.
Search and rescue teams returned to the area Wednesday morning. But they say because of the high water levels and swift current, they will have to wait until the water recedes to do a more thorough search.
dinkey creek, fresno county, missing person, local
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos