Traffic stop near Los Banos uncovers $1M worth of cocaine
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A traffic stop in the North Valley has led authorities to more than $1 million worth of cocaine. They found the drugs after pulling over a car at I-5 and Highway 165 near Los Banos.
The bust involved investigators from Merced County and the Department of Homeland Security back on July 6, but was just announced Friday. A search of the vehicle uncovered more than 200 pounds of cocaine. Authorities estimate the drugs are worth $1.2 million .
They say they found the cocaine hidden beneath the vehicle's floorboards. State Attorney General Kamala Harris said the bust is part of an on-going crackdown on drug trafficking along the I-5 corridor.
The driver of the vehicle has been booked into the Fresno County Jail. That person has not been identified because of the ongoing investigation.
los banos, merced county, crimetracker, local
- 4.1 earthquake shakes the Central Valley
- Fresno City Council holds public hearing on Westlake development
- Vigil held for victims of gang violence in Porterville
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- LA psychic, husband charged with curse scam 47 min ago
- California prostitutes win victim compensation 47 min ago
- Chaos, gunbattles, hungry kids in Central African Republic 47 min ago
- Lawmakers frustrated, optimistic about farm bill 47 min ago
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Clovis crash leaves motorcycle rider in critical condition
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2