Traffic stop near Los Banos uncovers $1M worth of cocaine
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A traffic stop in the North Valley has led authorities to more than $1 million worth of cocaine. They found the drugs after pulling over a car at I-5 and Highway 165 near Los Banos.
The bust involved investigators from Merced County and the Department of Homeland Security back on July 6, but was just announced Friday. A search of the vehicle uncovered more than 200 pounds of cocaine. Authorities estimate the drugs are worth $1.2 million .
They say they found the cocaine hidden beneath the vehicle's floorboards. State Attorney General Kamala Harris said the bust is part of an on-going crackdown on drug trafficking along the I-5 corridor.
The driver of the vehicle has been booked into the Fresno County Jail. That person has not been identified because of the ongoing investigation.
los banos, merced county, crimetracker, local
- Feds look to protect frogs, toad in Sierra Nevada
- Native American remains found during fishing trip
- 18-month-old child dies in Kern County house fire
- Mariposa fire evacuees are heading home
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini, 51, dies
- Brian Calhoun pleads not guilty in student attack
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns
- Panel restores some pay for California lawmakers, governor
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Valley kids get a new perspective on water
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos