Man drowns in Madera Co. Lake
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno man has drowned at a Madera County Lake. The Madera County Sheriff's Office say 20-year-old Deshawn Eaddy drowned at Hensley Lake Friday evening.
Witnesses say Eaddy was trying to swim to shore from an island when he went under and never resurfaced. Rescue crews worked through the night and were able to recover the body around 10:30 Saturday morning.
This is the first drowning reported to the Madera County Sheriff's Department this season.
madera county, hensley lake, fresno, drowning, local
- Deputies shoot, kill suspect west of Fresno
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested 43 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche 55 min ago
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 37 min ago
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos