Man drowns in Madera Co. Lake
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno man has drowned at a Madera County Lake. The Madera County Sheriff's Office say 20-year-old Deshawn Eaddy drowned at Hensley Lake Friday evening.
Witnesses say Eaddy was trying to swim to shore from an island when he went under and never resurfaced. Rescue crews worked through the night and were able to recover the body around 10:30 Saturday morning.
This is the first drowning reported to the Madera County Sheriff's Department this season.
madera county, hensley lake, fresno, drowning, local
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans Killed by Drones
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system