Driver in fatal accident charged with DUI
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The California Highway Patrol has arrested a Lemoore man for suspected drunk driving after a fatal crash in the South Valley Friday night. Friends and family of the victims identify the driver as 24-year-old Jonathan Miller.
The two people killed in the crash are 25-year-old Tony Perryman and 26-year-old Anthony Lee.
The accident happened late Friday in Kings County on Grangeville just east of Highway 41. Family and friends spent Saturday evening grieving at a gathering outside one of the victim's apartments in Lemoore. The family of Tony Perryman said he was a great guy who leaves behind a big family.
About 30 people spent the evening mourning the loss of two young men at a gathering Saturday in Lemoore. Those close to the victims consoled each other, lighting candles, and wiping away tears as they remember Tony Perryman and Anthony Lee.
The two men were killed in a single-car rollover accident Friday night. Four friends were in the compact car when it flipped over after the driver lost control. "The vehicle traveled off the north edge of the road, where it struck a fence and a tree," said CHP Sgt. Robert Brunell.
The highway patrol said Lee died at the scene and Perryman died later at Community Regional Medical Center. The CHP said this accident was caused by drunk driving.
Tony Perryman's step-father, who did not want to talk on camera, told Action News Tony was a student at West Hills College. He's the oldest of seven children. His family said Perryman was spending his summer break watching after his siblings.
A fourth person was in the car when it crashed. He only suffered minor injuries and is now out of the hospital. As for the driver, Jonathan Miller, he faces DUI charges and is still in the hospital with major injuries.
california highway patrol, dui, lemoore, kings county, auto, hanford, local, rick montanez
- Pedestrian killed in Fresno HWY 99 hit and run
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New Adopt-a-Tree Program at Two Sisters U-Pick Apricots 55 min ago
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos