Body of missing man found in Kern River
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Tulare County Sheriff's Deputies have found the body of a missing man in the upper Kern River. Derrick Rush. 28, from Arroyo Grande disappeared near a campsite just south of Corral Creek July 8.
Authorities say he was tubing with friends. At that time, rescue workers could not find him. But Saturday campers in that area told the Sheriff's Department a body was floating in the river.
Deputies responded and recovered Rush's body. Authorities believe he drowned.
tulare county, missing person, drowning, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash 13 min ago
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building 17 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week