Body of missing man found in Kern River
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Tulare County Sheriff's Deputies have found the body of a missing man in the upper Kern River. Derrick Rush. 28, from Arroyo Grande disappeared near a campsite just south of Corral Creek July 8.
Authorities say he was tubing with friends. At that time, rescue workers could not find him. But Saturday campers in that area told the Sheriff's Department a body was floating in the river.
Deputies responded and recovered Rush's body. Authorities believe he drowned.
tulare county, missing person, drowning, local
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges 36 min ago
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'