Death certificates reveal new information about chase suspects
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- We're learning more about the two suspects shot and killed by CHP officers after a high speed chase. Sharon Mello, 48, and Keith Cervelli, 57, died on July 7th after a chase in Southeast Fresno.
According to their death certificates, Mello died from a single gunshot wound to the right lung and Cervelli, the passenger, died from several gunshot wounds to the kidney, lung, and liver areas.
Investigators say Mello was driving a stolen car on July 7 and led officers on a chase, eventually smashing into other vehicles. They said CHP officers opened fire on the pair after Mello tried to run over officers with the stolen vehicle.
officer involved shooting, california highway patrol, crimetracker, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe