Death certificates reveal new information about chase suspects
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- We're learning more about the two suspects shot and killed by CHP officers after a high speed chase. Sharon Mello, 48, and Keith Cervelli, 57, died on July 7th after a chase in Southeast Fresno.
According to their death certificates, Mello died from a single gunshot wound to the right lung and Cervelli, the passenger, died from several gunshot wounds to the kidney, lung, and liver areas.
Investigators say Mello was driving a stolen car on July 7 and led officers on a chase, eventually smashing into other vehicles. They said CHP officers opened fire on the pair after Mello tried to run over officers with the stolen vehicle.
officer involved shooting, california highway patrol, crimetracker, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week