Former Mayor of Chowchilla remains in jail
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A former Mayor of Chowchilla remains in jail after pleading not guilty to grand theft charges Tuesday morning. Tom Dubose has owned a car dealership, a real estate business and other companies.
He's accused of stealing from two businesses and defrauding the city. Dubose is currently in the Madera County Jail on $600,000 bail, after he was arrested over the weekend.
Tuesday morning, a judge denied Dubose's request for a bail reduction. He's due back in court on July 21.
Dubose's attorney says he did pay out some settlements in some civil lawsuits related to his business dealings. But says the city is now bringing up the old issues, because of a personal problem between Dubose and his brother in law, who is a city council member.
chowchilla, madera county, merced county, merced, crimetracker, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 33 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Accuweather Forecast
47 min ago