Former Mayor of Chowchilla remains in jail
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A former Mayor of Chowchilla remains in jail after pleading not guilty to grand theft charges Tuesday morning. Tom Dubose has owned a car dealership, a real estate business and other companies.
He's accused of stealing from two businesses and defrauding the city. Dubose is currently in the Madera County Jail on $600,000 bail, after he was arrested over the weekend.
Tuesday morning, a judge denied Dubose's request for a bail reduction. He's due back in court on July 21.
Dubose's attorney says he did pay out some settlements in some civil lawsuits related to his business dealings. But says the city is now bringing up the old issues, because of a personal problem between Dubose and his brother in law, who is a city council member.
chowchilla, madera county, merced county, merced, crimetracker, local
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting 20 min ago
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms 54 min ago
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Fire Safety