Huge gathering for two teens killed in Fresno County
SELMA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of people gathered at a Fresno County intersection Tuesday night to honor two teenagers killed in an accident. The crash near Kingsburg Monday killed two prominent student athletes from Selma.
Tuesday night, Selma High School students past and present shared hugs and tears as they gathered to grieve the two lives lost far too soon. Caro had just graduated from Selma High School, where he played football. "He loved football. He was a little small. But he hit hard and he just loved it no matter what," said former teammate Justin Lozano.
Lujan was also an athlete and would have been a senior this year. He's being remembered as an outstanding basketball player. "A lot of talent, lots of talent. One night, he scored 22 points in about 10 minutes of play... not even a whole game, he was the high scorer," said assistant basketball coach Phil Carpio.
The size of the crowd Tuesday evening showed what an impact the two boys had on the Selma High campus and on the community. Another, larger vigil is planned for Wednesday evening at the Selma High School Stadium. "A lot of support. This is a big crowd and it's going to be even bigger tomorrow," said Alissa Lopez of Selma.
"Everyone's still in shock. It's hard to deal with it. We are a good community, so Selma is getting together and we're going to do big things in remembrance of the two boys," said Selma resident Elsa Guiba.
kingsburg, caruthers, fresno county, selma, local, amanda perez
- Pedestrian killed in Fresno HWY 99 hit and run
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New Adopt-a-Tree Program at Two Sisters U-Pick Apricots 39 min ago
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- New Adopt-a-Tree Program at Two Sisters...
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos