Lemoore Naval Air Station worker found dead in Hanford
FRESNO, Calif. -- Police in Hanford have identified the woman found dead at a car wash Tuesday morning.
The body of 49-year-old Denise Mcvay was discovered near one of the bays at "The Royal Car Wash" on Vaughn Street and Garner Avenue.
Police say a passer-by saw the body at about 6:30 Tuesday morning and called authorities.
Investigators say her body showed signs of traumatic and violent injuries. No one is in custody at this time. Mcvay worked at Lemoore Naval Air Station.
Her car is missing. The vehicle is described as a gray or silver 2006 Honda Civic. License number 5RWH628.
Anyone with information is urged to call Hanford Police Detective Corey Mathews at 559-585-4723.
hanford, kings county, lemoore naval air station, murder, crimetracker, local
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County 6 min ago
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian 22 min ago
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls