Lemoore Naval Air Station worker found dead in Hanford
FRESNO, Calif. -- Police in Hanford have identified the woman found dead at a car wash Tuesday morning.
The body of 49-year-old Denise Mcvay was discovered near one of the bays at "The Royal Car Wash" on Vaughn Street and Garner Avenue.
Police say a passer-by saw the body at about 6:30 Tuesday morning and called authorities.
Investigators say her body showed signs of traumatic and violent injuries. No one is in custody at this time. Mcvay worked at Lemoore Naval Air Station.
Her car is missing. The vehicle is described as a gray or silver 2006 Honda Civic. License number 5RWH628.
Anyone with information is urged to call Hanford Police Detective Corey Mathews at 559-585-4723.
hanford, kings county, lemoore naval air station, murder, crimetracker, local
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Sal's prepares holiday tamales
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos