Fiery crash kills one on a Fresno County road
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- The accident happened around 10 a.m. Wednesday morning on eastbound Central and Fowler in Fresno County.
The California Highway Patrol says the driver of a Dodge ran through a stop sign and collided with a big rig traveling on Fowler Avenue.
The car burst into flames after the crash, killing the driver. The big rig driver was transported to Community Regional Medical Center with minor injuries.
The CHP says the intersection will be closed for several hours.
fresno county, california highway patrol, community regional medical center, local
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95 45 min ago
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- Fire Safety