Chowchilla votes to block high speed rail construction
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- City leaders in Chowchilla have taken action to block high speed rail construction unless changes are made to the rail line plan.
The Chowchilla City Council voted for an ordinance calling for a 45-day moratorium on construction of any portion of the high speed rail system within the city limits. Residents have voiced safety concerns and other issues with the line.
The city wants the rail authority to find a solution before construction begins.
City leaders will consider an even longer moratorium when they meet again early next month.
high speed rail, chowchilla, madera county, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices...
42 min ago