Chowchilla votes to block high speed rail construction
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- City leaders in Chowchilla have taken action to block high speed rail construction unless changes are made to the rail line plan.
The Chowchilla City Council voted for an ordinance calling for a 45-day moratorium on construction of any portion of the high speed rail system within the city limits. Residents have voiced safety concerns and other issues with the line.
The city wants the rail authority to find a solution before construction begins.
City leaders will consider an even longer moratorium when they meet again early next month.
high speed rail, chowchilla, madera county, local
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region