Chowchilla votes to block high speed rail construction
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- City leaders in Chowchilla have taken action to block high speed rail construction unless changes are made to the rail line plan.
The Chowchilla City Council voted for an ordinance calling for a 45-day moratorium on construction of any portion of the high speed rail system within the city limits. Residents have voiced safety concerns and other issues with the line.
The city wants the rail authority to find a solution before construction begins.
City leaders will consider an even longer moratorium when they meet again early next month.
high speed rail, chowchilla, madera county, local
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
- 5 honored for helping save Clovis man's life
- Tulare burglary suspect shot, killed by TX trooper
- Did Apple map capture Loch Ness Monster?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos