Valley teen Ryan Beatty performs at Tower Theater
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Valley teen that became an internet sensation by posting videos of himself on YouTube is making a name for himself in the music industry. Friday Ryan Beatty performed live for crowds at the Tower Theater in Central Fresno.
The show was the first live performance 15-year-old Ryan Beatty has ever headlined.
Beatty's popularity continues to grow. He surprised his fans with the debut of his first original song. "He's kind of like our inspiration, because we like to sing too," said Maddie Holland of Fresno.
Willa Rydall is such a big fan her dad brought her to the show from Santa Clarita. "He's just an amazing singer, and he's awesome," Willa said.
Beatty grew up in Clovis. "Every time I go out there to perform, whether it be musical theater, I'm kind of nervous before, until I get on stage and it feels right," Beatty said.
He may be just a budding star on stage, but he's already a hit online. His YouTube channel has exploded. Since February, Beatty has collected more than 73,000 page subscribers.
His collection of hit pop song covers have been viewed more than six million times. The teen performer already has merchandise and a concert documentary crew in tow.
What's even bigger than Friday's crowd though is Beatty's excitement over being able to play his own music.
"I'm really excited to show what I've been working on. And, like to show my take on music instead of doing covers," Beatty said.
Beatty is often compared to another YouTube sensation Justin Bieber. But Beatty said his music isn't quite the same. Beatty is working on an album right now and hopes to release it by Labor Day.
fresno county, fresno central, fresno, celebrity, music, clovis, local, rick montanez
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka 36 min ago
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 55 min ago
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week